Litigation support - Arbitration support
Client description Large UK commercial insurer
The Client’s requirements
• The company was in arbitration with their reinsurers in relation to the presentation of approx 380 asbestos related claims
• Reinsurers contended that the insurer had failed to demonstrate liability and the quantum of liability under the relevant policies
• Pro were retained by the insurers legal counsel to conduct a claim file review from the insurers records
• Review the original individual claim files and identify key documents relating to coverage, liability, quantum and contributions from other insurers.
• Create a corresponding key claim file for each case and rate each file in terms of evidence in support of the insurers reinsurance claim, to determine the insurers true position in relation to their reinsurance presentation
• Reports were provided detailing the results of the review, and the implications to the insurer in respect of the success of maintaining their position to recover from their reinsurers.
• The insurer was able to truly assess its position in relation to each of the claims that had been presented to reinsurers
• The insurer was able to request further information which undermined reinsurer’s stance in relation to the presentations
• Insurer was able to effect reinsurance recoveries based on our analysis